martedì 21 luglio 2009

Dexter


Everything is connected to everything. The butterfly effect. You drop a pebble into a pond and the ripples radiate outwards touching and effecting everything. Until finally a fish grows arms and legs and crawls out of the water...and picks up a rock and smashes the next two fish over the head...and we have the first serial killer.

It's strange to have a creation out there, a deeply mutated version of yourself, running loose and screwing everything up. I wonder if this is how parents feel.

Science is a cold-hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap-on.

No matter how close two people are, an infinite distance separates them.

-I accept you, Dexter, like a brother.
-I killed my brother. I killed yours too.

We only see two things in people: what we want to see; and what they want to show us.

How do you show someone real love when you don't even know what it feels like?

If I had a heart, it would be breaking right now.

Darling Rita, once you were a dream and a prayer. Now our future is as bright as the sun glinting off the morning dew. And I vow that I will... Sounds like I'm marrying a Unicorn.

If I believed in God - If I believed in sin - this is the place where I'd be sucked straight to Hell... if I believed in Hell.

My father might not approve but i am no longer his disciple. I' m a master now. An idea transcended into life.

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess..

Debra Morgan: "If dad taught us one thing, it's the value of human life."
Dexter Morgan: "Yeah, but I think we had different homework assignments."

...in a land of predators the Lion never fears the Jackal.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento